The bog system

In the Spring of 2008, we installed a bog to help filter the water of the pond.

Beginning with a cement-block wall, rubber lining was added over the existing liner and filled with a thin layer of gravel.  We added tubing with holes distributed throughout, and then filled in the rest with pea-sized gravel.

A pipe line was run to the upper pond to create a siphon to feed the bog.

The bog is wonderful!  I love the extra variety of plants I can keep thriving without watering them all summer long!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *